Home Care for Seniors: Senior Companion Programs
Most companies offer a limited menu of home care services for seniors. Care for You believes in doing whatever it takes to help our clients maintain their independence and stay in their own homes through our comprehensive Senior Companion programs. From transportation, home maintenance and landscaping to meal preparation, we provide the most diverse packages of home care services for seniors in the greater Washington DC metro area.
From the beginning, the Care for You support team goes into action:
- Interview. When you call us, we’ll conduct a phone interview to gain a preliminary understanding of your needs and unique circumstances. Then we’ll set up a free, in-home assessment.
- Assess. We’ll come to your home for a free physical assessment. There, we’ll determine the level of effort required. We’ll estimate costs for special projects. And we’ll ascertain any special support needs.
- Schedule. We’ll review our employee database to match our Companions’ skill sets with your needs. We’ll then set up a personal introduction.
- Deliver Service. Your Companion will be introduced to you by a member of Care for You management. Our Quality Manager will make periodic inquiries by phone and in person to ensure that our services meet our standards and your expectations. If you choose, your Care for You Companion will call you every day to check on your health and well-being, review and confirm prior commitments, and handle any immediate needs that arise.
Following is a partial list of Home care services we provide:
Personal and Home Services
- Meal preparation
- Companions and homemakers
- Accompanied walks
- Daily phone call
- Reading books/newspapers
- Pet care
- Letter writing
- Mailing and filing
- Light housekeeping
- Lawn care
- Shovel walkways
- Household chores
Transportation services include local activities and appointments:
- Doctors appointments
- Worship services
- Events and outings
Care for You also can accompany clients on vacations and other extended outings.
We also offer other Senior Care Services including Active Alzheimer’s Care, Care Coordination, and Home Management; which are the most diverse packages of home care services in greater Washington DC.